WHY CHOOSE DAMS?
DAMS is the best team for young drivers, to build them up in their abilities and prepare them for a life-long career in motorsport.
Romain Grosjean, Kevin Magnussen, Jolyon Palmer, Pierre Gasly, Alexander Albon and Carlos Sainz all got their chances to race in Formula 1 after driving for DAMS during their junior single seater career.
Other ex-DAMS drivers including Alex Lynn, Kamui Kobayashi, Jose Maria Lopez, Pastor Maldonado, Felipe Nasr, and Allan McNish have gone on to have amazing careers outside of F1. Those careers include Le Mans 24 Hours victories and factory drives from the biggest manufacturers in motorsport, such as Audi, Toyota, Porsche and Aston Martin.
DAMS’ successful record in motorsport speaks for itself:
- 5 GP2 Series titles: 3 drivers, 2 teams
- 4 GP2 Series Asia titles: 2 drivers, 2 teams
- 4 Formula E titles: 1 drivers, 3 teams
- 4 Formula Renault 3.5 titles: 2 drivers, 2 teams
- 3 AutoGP titles: 1 drivers, 2 teams
- 3 F3000 titles: 3 drivers
- 1 Formula Renault V6 title: 1 drivers
- 1 A1 GP title: 1 nations
DAMS and its owner Jean-Paul Driot is one of the most dedicated in seeing the progression of young drivers through the ranks and is the best at making it happen.